So you're a beat maker who just found out about The Stew and would like to join the competition. Well, you still have a chance. During the Stew Beat Showcase we'll hold an #OpenKitchen (our producer open-mic) where one (number can vary each showcase) lucky beat-maker will win a wildcard slot on the panel. All you have to do is show up early on the scheduled event date (8PM sharp) and register (in person) for the open kitchen. Please keep these things in mind:
1. The #OpenKitchen is on a 1st come, 1st served basis. That means come as early as possible. There will be limited slots for the open kitchen during the event.
2. The registration fee for the Open Kitchen is $40 flat (entry + registration).
3. You must have your equipment with you to compete on the panel if you win the open kitchen. During the main event we have live beat making challenges. No equipment? No competition. (Your laptop, a midi-keyboard, MPC, noise canceling/sound isolating headphones will do)
4. The #OpenKitchen occurs before our main event of the night so you need to make sure you're early.
5. All you need to play your 3 minute set is a phone, mp3 or laptop. No elaborate setups needed to play your beats during the open kitchen. If you win the Open Kitchen then is when you will need your setup to be able to create live.
6. Last but not least... come with your HEAT! If you rock the crowd, you make it on the panel. If you make it on the panel the first round will be a head to head battle (beat for beat) so make sure you have more than enough bangers available.