“We just want to congregate because we love it, just like anything else,” Merren says. “You go to a rock show, you go to a hip-hop show, it's because you're around like-minded people. And we felt like there wasn't anything like that for producers, where it was just a real community.”Read More
Save $5 now by purchasing your tickets in advance! Booth seating also available. (Click the flyer)
We're on The Show Lab Producer Podcast right now speaking about how we got started with The Stew, the importance of beat battles to the culture as well as future events and endeavors. Huge thank you to Marvin for having us on the show!
Thank you to The Happps for giving us Event of the Week and a featured profile! Click the image below to read our interview with The Happs. (www.happps.com)
Producers that will be in the New England area AUGUST 7TH, 2016 The Stew Beat Showcase is back with our 2nd-to-last QUALIFIER of the year! Episode 4 of 6.
Register now for your chance to battle and win a slot in our #SGFS3 $1,000 cash prize GRAND FINALE!!!
So you're a beat maker who just found out about The Stew and would like to join the competition. Well, you still have a chance. During the Stew Beat Showcase we'll hold an #OpenKitchen (our producer open-mic) where one (number can vary each showcase) lucky beat-maker will win a wildcard slot on the panel. All you have to do is show up early on the scheduled event date (8PM sharp) and register (in person) for the open kitchen. Please keep these things in mind:
1. The #OpenKitchen is on a 1st come, 1st served basis. That means come as early as possible. There will be limited slots for the open kitchen during the event.
2. The registration fee for the Open Kitchen is $40 flat (entry + registration).
3. You must have your equipment with you to compete on the panel if you win the open kitchen. During the main event we have live beat making challenges. No equipment? No competition. (Your laptop, a midi-keyboard, MPC, noise canceling/sound isolating headphones will do)
4. The #OpenKitchen occurs before our main event of the night so you need to make sure you're early.
5. All you need to play your 3 minute set is a phone, mp3 or laptop. No elaborate setups needed to play your beats during the open kitchen. If you win the Open Kitchen then is when you will need your setup to be able to create live.
6. Last but not least... come with your HEAT! If you rock the crowd, you make it on the panel. If you make it on the panel the first round will be a head to head battle (beat for beat) so make sure you have more than enough bangers available.