On This episode of the Beat Club podcast we chop it up with engineer, producer & multimedia artist Jay Hunt! We discuss what you should get from going to school, investing money in your brand, and the up & downs when building a team. All this and more while we critique beats sent in from around the world as we look to create the ultimate beat tape.
It's "1st Sundays" on the Beat Club Podcast! That means the fellas talk beats, pour-up some drinks and keep it real! Producers send in their best battle beats for this month's Chune For Chune!
We also continue our search to find and award the "BEAT OF THE MONTH," to the best beat sent in during August; where the winner receives a special sound pack from our sponsors. All this and more while listening to beats sent in from around the world.
On This episode of the Beat Club podcast with chop it up with our guest, Motif Alumni & Kas from Backcourt Records. We talk about the pros and cons of working as a production team, what to look out for when digging for vinyl, a simple approach to sampling records and the Dos and Don'ts at Beat Battles. All this and more while we critique beats sent in from around the world.
So you're a beat maker who just found out about The Stew Beat Showcase and would like to join the competition. Well, you still have a chance. During the The Stew we'll hold an #OpenKitchen (our producer open-mic) where ONE beat-maker will win a wildcard slot on the panel that night. All you have to do is show up early on August 26th (7PM sharp) and register (in person) for the open kitchen. Please keep these things in mind:
1. The #OpenKitchen is on a 1st come, 1st served basis. That means come as early as possible. There will be limited slots for the Open Kitchen during the Grand Finale.
2. The registration fee for the Open Kitchen is $40 (includes the entry).
3. You MUST have your equipment with you to compete if you earn a slot on the panel via the Open Kitchen. During the main event we have live beat making challenges. No equipment? No competition. (Your laptop, a midi-keyboard, MPC, noise canceling/sound isolating headphones will do)
4. The Open Kitchen occurs before our main event of at 7-7:30PM.
5. You will have a 3 minute set to play your beats, rock the crowd & get the vote. Please have your set ready via a MP3 player, mobile device, tablet or laptop. You can choose your beats while in front of the audience to play or have a pre-made set. No elaborate setups needed to JUST play your beats for the Open Kitchen. If you advance from the Open Kitchen that is when you will need your setup to be able to create live.
6. Come with your HEAT! If you rock the crowd, you make it on the panel. If you make it on the panel the first round will be a head to head battle (time beat for beat battle) so make sure you have more than enough bangers available.
On this episode of the Beat Club Podcast, the fellas pick their favorite beat submissions, from the Summer Madness Contest, and decide who will win a pair of IK Multimedia's iLoud Micro Monitors. All this and more while critiquing beats sent in from around the world.
It's "1st Sundays" on the Beat Club Podcast! That means the fellas talk beats, pour-up some drinks and keep it real! Producer send in their best battle beats for this month's Chune For Chune!
We also present the first-ever BEAT OF THE MONTH battle where the winner receives a special sound pack from our sponsors. All this and more while listening to beats sent in from around the world.
On This episode of the Beat Club podcast with chop it up with our guest, DJ Manipulator. We talk about investing in yourself as a producer, building relationships through music, his residency at Nightworks,, "The Synth Tape and more. We also toss Dj Manipulator a sample to chop up by the end of the show, listen and let us know if we should Keep It or Cut It.
The Beat Club Podcast LIVE stopped by Phoenix Landing in Cambridge, MA to put on our monthly live show for producers. New faces & new beats were in the building during our open producer showcase.
We also got a chance to do an on-site exhibition beat battle to cap off the night that we couldn't decide who won. It was Abstract Minor vs Lastchildmusik.
Click, listen, who do you think won?
On this episode of the Beat Club Podcast, we chop it up with singer, songwriter and emcee VyletteMusic. We talk about her latest mixtape on Soundcloud called "100" , debate on lazy production habits and learn there is no such thing as sending too many beats.
PLUS, we officially launch our 1st Instagram Beat contest w/ IKMultimedia (more details on BeatClubPodcast.com). All this and more while listening and critiquing beats sent in from around the globe.